Statement of Doctrine – His Thousand Hills
The following is the doctrinal statement of HTH: It is required that all resident staff, all members of the Board, all staff and anyone in any position of authority within the HTH organization subscribe to this statement without reservation.
1. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Old and New Testaments as originally written are the verbally inspired Word of God, and accept them as the supreme and all-sufficient authority in faith and life.
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is eternal separation from God; and that each human being is born with a sinful nature and cannot by his own efforts please God.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
5. We believe that all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and so become the children of God, to live with Him through all eternity.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there as our High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; the eternal blessedness of the saved; and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.
8. We believe in the personal, visible and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ to this earth.